Friday, May 21, 2010

The Rawr Bomb of Introductions

So you've wandered to my blog. It's new. You're afraid because it's dark in here but don't worry- the light is never far from the door! My name is Kedreeva, and this is the story of my life. Have a seat, a mug of cocoa, and (with any luck) a good time.

I'm about 25 years old now and my hobbies are already a little eccentric. I have been writing stories since I was in first grade, with over 1.5 million words archived on my little trooper of a laptop. How do I know? I used to be an insomniac, and those late hours in the dead of night are an excellent time to explore your curiosity. Outside of writing, I tend to my collections. What do I collect? Dirt from all around the world and skulls from various animals, for starters. Not because I am morbid, but because I grew up around woodland and wilderness and I found a lot of interesting skulls as a child. I also have started a collection of old books, which I hope to be able to expand through the years. Not because I am particularly interested in their content, but because I love how they look, how they feel, how they smell. I love how they are slightly mysterious, and get more so the older they are.

Outside of writing and collecting, I am an avid player in the game World of Warcraft, which is where the blog title comes from. I play a dire bear nicknamed Skullbear by my friends for the way I play. I play much less than I used to, now that I have a job and other activities I like to participate in to occupy my time. I work in a pathology lab as an assistant. Every Friday I go out to dinner and hang out time with the guys (even though I'm a girl). And in between all of that mess, I have found time to become a certified animal therapy team with my dog, Laxie. She's a beautiful mix of tri-color Australian shepherd and border collie. Lately I have been on a path to lose weight (45lbs and counting) and have been inventing new dishes and reinventing old ones.

My boyfriend lives in California and my best friends live in Brazil and Australia (and one of them didn't start out there!) I have dreams of moving to Colorado (or someplace similar) and I'd love to be able to turn my stories into published works... someday.

That's a fairly good start into my eccentricities, which should give you an idea of what I will write here. I'm sure there are plenty of things I have missed but for now, that's the basis of my life as you can expect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment